RF-Dev | RF Online Development
Chrys

[Help] .ani, .bbx, .bn files

Is there a way to open and edit these files? like with the .ani files, I can see each keyframes, which particular bone was moved and so on then edit those, same goes for bbx and bn files.

Preferably with 3ds MAX or Blender, if not then how else can I edit these, I want to try editing some of the animations and bones to what I need, and probably to smoothen some of the animations.

Thing is that like most of games RF was coded in specific language. Im sure that for most of things like models etc they used tools that we are using everyday like 3ds max/photoshop/notepads etc. After they finished to secure everything they just chosen different type of extensions to protect it. As far we can open bone files im not convinced if you can overwrite existing ones since there is no exporter to bn format. As for bbx personally I have no idea what they are for, but they are close related to bone files (could contain axis, size value, links idk) but they do not contain too much data, simple configuration files they are.

You must be a registered member of RF-Dev and logged in to view this content.

Zj8FUxJ.gif

As for animation files,  if you open them with Hex editor you can see in the very beginning, they start with bip01

6betsIG.png

And if you look closer *ani files are related to specific bone parts to work out with. @Pelvis @UpArm @Etc
pSSlGGf.png

So yeah, everything is connect though hardcoded. 

bells.gif

I've looked into it and found a script to import directly the bones and animation, apparently the imported bones from RF Online was dummy objects used as bones instead of actual bones/biped. Quite confused on how to work with it since I've only done model refining and IK bones with 3ds Max and Blender, when I try to export it to fbx it defines the dummy objects as non-orthogonal. Anyone experienced with 3DS Max(since I'm more used to blender) has any clue on working around with this? I've tried converting the dummy objects to bones automatically but turns to be a little. . . joinky?