RF-Dev | RF Online Development
Chrys

[Help] RF Online Maps to Blender or 3DS Max

Hi, just wanna ask for help if its possible to import RF Online maps to either Blender or 3DS Max, I wanted to improve various maps textures and so on.
I've seen the RF Map Tool, and I think I'll be able to work better with Blender or 3DS Max, any clue would be appreciated even if you say it's not possible, atleast I can stop on wanting to use Blender or 3DS max for editing textures and such for the Maps and try to work with the RF Map Tool.

You must be a registered member of RF-Dev and logged in to view this content.

We can import new maps to RF but we cannot export RF BSP to work in Max. @Agony & @PC_Bro have done all of the work in this area. You can use Map Tool to improve barriers/etc in existing maps but unfortunately we cannot take assets out of a compiled BSP or modify compiled BSP yet. You would be better off learning the workflow for creating new maps from scratch currently.

We haven't compiled all of the information for this yet as this is still a new area for everyone (creating new maps). If you are interested in learning the workflow, join our Discord server, and check the #development channel for all posts from Agony, PC_Bro, and myself. You will find a lot of good information still buried in chat that will help you reach this goal.

Your map tool can't be used under win7 x64, I have configured it according to the instructions, but unfortunately there is no effect.

So far this is what I was able to get, I have the mesh files and texture files, but textures seems to be messed up? when importing the whole folder, like a kid colored it with a crayon.

You likely miss uv mapping.
There would also be cameras, lights, animations etc.

Map tool was built with windows 8.1 SDK - so it's likely not backwards compatible.

I uploaded 1.0.9 which may work on older windows - but it's not guaranteed.