Sign in to follow this  
PC_Bro

Model Editing

The 3DS Max Plugin method of .msh

Resources:

You must be a registered member of RF-Dev and logged in to view this content.

Credit:

I'm PC Bro

I tried to use  this with autodesk 3DsMax 2018 (6gb download) and it wasn't compatible now I need a key for autodesk 8 coz I have portable version of it,, I already used RF_Ripper to see, "edit" some RFS files (checked only world cup ball, siege kits , booster/capes and MAU pieces) but without export option I cant do much hehehe

Pretty sure you actually need 3ds Max 2015 for the 2015 plugin. C++ compiled plugins use specific SDK for each year and other versions have some differences, sometimes including function names being renamed to something else. MaxScript based plugins have better support between versions, that's why the RF_Ripper works. 

I'm PC Bro

I actually didn't notice that my 3dsMax2015 was working perfectly with those plugins,, I was about to post 2 SS of errors I got when opening it,, but those errors are on Map plugins I have (from somewhere else and I'm not downloading another 3dsMax (2012) to test map tools ) Everything works perfectly now thanks for the support PC_Brow 

Edited by PelusoBHxClan

Ya... Anyways the "map" plugin doesn't make bsp, they make the base format that then gets split between map and item models if your using CCR's workflow. Those motivated enough can ditch that 2012 plugin and use something else altogether. 

I'm PC Bro

I have already opened maps somehow,,, But I do Not recall how -_- Iknow for sure it wasn't with that mapviewer tool it was something more "editable" (something more like resources hacker or visual basic something like that), yeah? I want to check out how maps and those stuff works like somehow putting dust2 into rf hehe