RF-Dev | RF Online Development
Sign in to follow this  
Wayne

Quest Development

Hi everyone.

So I've been working on quest development, but not the regular issues, like how to create new quests, add them into NPC and etc.

There is a interesting set of server scripts such as QuestGainItemEvent, QuestKillOtherRaceEvent and QuestDummyEvent.

The main question is - what do they do?

I mean, I tried to change some values there, but did not work in any ways (at least I didn't see anything, and server didn't crash or show any kind of problems).

Quest to kill other race players didn't work either (you know, the one with kill 10/10 other race players)

Have anyone tried to solve this issues and find clues to what they do and how?

P.S. My server version is 2.2.3.2, and I've heard that in 1.5a/4.5(Age of Patron) quests to kill other race are working. But that is just a rumor, not confirmed

Posted (edited)

maybe if I'd share with you something, I'll be able to get some attention :)

In attachement to this post you'll be able to find good structures for GU (2.2.3.2) client quest.dat.
see yourself why I think they are good, and don't forget to help me with any kind of information on the topic's issue above

You must be a registered member of RF-Dev and logged in to view this content.

P.S. That is not final version of structures, and there will be updates... I just don't know when))

Edited by Wayne

Posted (edited)
You must be a registered member of RF-Dev and logged in to view this content.

After the server did you also make the necessary edits on the client(quest.edf)?

Edited by LewS

I altered quests - like kill counts etc but i never got to the point of adding new ones.

Most of these have been there since alpha. You can get one of the many source leaks and find hints there.