Sign in to follow this  
Zion

Monster Drop editing

You must be a registered member of RF-Dev and logged in to view this content.

@ErlBinary

@Ron

Am I correct that when we do this, there is no client side file to edit? I only ask because in the guide on how to use structorian, it shows how to edit a weapon, and it tells us to edit files on both the server side, and client side. 

I'm trying to watch the above video, but not being in english, it's a little difficult.

My structurian looks like this.

It looks slightly different from some screen shots I've seen here on RF-Dev. Am I on the right path? I think I am :/

For this one you are correct. ItemLooting.dat is one of them which do not require any client-side changes. Some other files will also take effect server side without a client edit, such as Skill Durations, but client side tooltips will be inaccurate.

Sell prices are another example. Edit server only and you will only see the correct price on client after you sell an item. On our initial game files release we did a lot of syncing of prices to fix that by default.