RF-Dev | RF Online Development
Sign in to follow this  
Ron

Client Sound Optimization

This sound optimization pack includes fully optimized sound files. Overall I have saved 815mb in versions 2.2.3+ by optimizing the sound files. This mainly involved converting the .wav files over to .mp3, while also reducing bitrate.

WAV is a lossless audio format which uses a significant amount of disk space. MP3 files can compress this data a bit and save a lot of space from a straight conversion alone. In addition, MP3 bitrate was optimized for maximum saved space with zero audio quality loss. Some sound files had their sizes decreased by over 1,100%! As a side bonus, this also included setting the .avi CCR video files to 0kb so they are skipped in the initial client start-up. This saves a few seconds while getting in-game.

Include these optimized sound packs in your client to reduce the total download size for your players by over 800mb. Thank us by liking this post and supporting RF-Dev.

Don't see your client listed? Send me a link to your complete /Snd folder and I'll optimize the full folder for you, while listing it here for others to download as well. Help us make a complete list for all clients!

Sound Packs

• You must be a registered member of RF-Dev and logged in to view this content.
  • You must be a registered member of RF-Dev and logged in to view this content. - Uploaded by @Martin

Instructions:
Simply extract the files and replace your entire /Snd folder in your game client with our files. This will save you a significant amount of disk space in your client folder, decreasing the overall download size for your players. Stock Snd folders are over 1.0GB!

Before:

image.png.e64d847784906d43f62443267b40c429.png

After:

image.png.77df9951da06dd4590f051495ec016b8.png

Sound pack for Defcon client 1.5b [317 Mb]

Decreased folder size from 1.8 Gb to 400 Mb.
Deleted all unused sound files
Deleted all unused links on sound files in WaveList.spt
Instalation process - same with Ron's 2232 Sound pack.

You must be a registered member of RF-Dev and logged in to view this content.

The waveList.spt file links sound IDs to the proper client folder path. The only modification I made to this file is changing all the .wav extensions to .mp3 after converting the sound files.

I left the original Korean comments. Run them in Google Translator to get an idea of what each section's purpose is. I'm not sure off the top of my head what references the sound IDs, but you can add your own as long as they don't conflict with other sound IDs.

i mean, if i want add new sound effect, what should i do ?
there's no explanation about ID of sound ?
maybe matching them with Animation ?

example : 

Unit folder in Sound, i see booster effect sound, but in Game when booster MAU used, no sound go out

Edited by PrinceRay

You must be a registered member of RF-Dev and logged in to view this content.

Hm, I'm not sure. Maybe post in the help section and someone else may know.

My limit of working with RF sounds is optimizing the existing sounds. I haven't added any new sounds to the game unless I was replacing an old one.