RF-Dev | RF Online Development
Sign in to follow this  
LewS

How to change the current RF Online scenario?

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone of all rf-dev developers, I do not know if it's only in South America or North America ...

RF Online is running out, with low population and servers dying ...

I've seen servers staying for over a year with less than 60 players at peak times.

We know that there are large populations in Asia and why not in our regions?

I've been thinking this over time.

I thought about making the game more difficult, focusing on players who have never seen RF Online and bring a new generation.

To redo some things from the game, such as Quest's, Items etc or to bring new things into the RPG server and remove the "sameness" that the old players have to always be the same ...

I want you to give your opinion, to improve the RF Online scenario.

Edited by LewS

You must be a registered member of RF-Dev and logged in to view this content.

I think part of the reason is Asia as a region may have mostly older computers so they can't play more modern games and or there isn't as many games entering their marketplace... 

Posted (edited)

It's a possibility, some official servers like PlayRedFox have always had large population at the beginning of the server.
But in the course of time he goes "dying", and is doing merger and merger ...

For example now the European RF is good population.
And international Brazilians, Russians etc ... but in the end-game this will drastically fall.

Maybe the biggest problem is in the end-game.

Edited by LewS

RF is dull and boring compared to modern games. The game would need a complete overhaul to attract new younger players.

It also doesn't help that every company who has published RF since CM has completely failed. After CM the best was CCR's own attempt at running the game and even that was terrible. Combine that with a lack of real updates and you wonder why RF hasn't died sooner.

RF Online really hangs up today, and always with the same problems ...

Greed is what ruins RFO, most people can't afford to keep up with heavy donors. Farmers will always exist if there is an economy to be had in the game. Like me and most people I know, we like RPG slow paced work for gear fight when need to fight. RF's pvp system is one of the best I've ever came across in my years of MMORPG types of game. The biggest issue is classes, Acc Tank/Striker/Spec, Bell Tank,Healer,Mau,Cora Templar,Grazier, Spec most in between classes don't get used due to lack of damage or buffs. I just revamped on my RPG the non played classes to bring them up to par with main classes to give some kinda of variety.  No one sticks with the RPG side to RF it's all PVP get +7 now for 200$ blah blah blah... You need balance with RFO and I've spent the past 3 weeks prob 5-8 hours a day going thru every .dat and client .edf cleaning and purging stupid 2232 crap. RFO was great and can be great again with the right people and the right mind set to not seek money or riches off this game.

Posted (edited)

Class question, there are some that are never used and are not as valued in PvP so much they should.
Necessary option maybe imposed by some servers is deactivation of the cross class.

Does your project focus on RPG?

Edited by LewS

Posted (edited)

Yea we're focused RPG, building an in game economy and group play. Still got a few more things to go but we wiped most 2232 stuff out but were keeping gold points for farmers or people who can't donate like others. Were doing a 2.6.1.2 the .2 from GU lol Right now all classes are valuable after extensive testing by me lol

Wish someone could find the 8/8  party bonus exp in the zone or wherever it maybe... I've looked a few times but I'm not a guru on that stuff. The one thing I haven't see is that function group bonus exp boosted would require players to not solo.

Classes not played, Armsman, Infiltrator, Warlock, Punisher (Net Only thing useful tbh), Advent (Net only really) All the ninja classes with backstab, Wizard. A few of the in between classes are support with helpful things to get away from enemies.

Edited by Killerwoody

Asia is out of date on hardware. Pupg did cause a soar in GTX 1050 sales tho.

So they chose older games. Plus slower internet meant they were not interested of downloading 20gb+ modern games.

West got so many different games to choose from and a 50gb download is nothing.