RF-Dev | RF Online Development
Sign in to follow this  
Agony

What is the most annoying part of working on a server for you?

What type of editing or feature you hate most/is the hardest/most time consuming but provides a lot of value and is important for a good active server?

Im an amateur. Using whatever i find on the internet. So for me editing script files with structorian is like a torture cause i have to edit everything one by one. Some files can be edit on excel that gives me a lot of free time but the others is so bad. Of course there are some programs on the internet for sale. You can edit script files so much quick with those programs. 

Messing with script files doesn't give any value in my opinion. Value comes with great service but region is something we cant deny here. I never see fully english server with good active players in a long time. But so much active servers from russia and indonesia. Not just all of them great. They just can reach their local players.

I hate scripting with structorian,, texture meshes bones particle are a pain in D ass,  trying to understand how to work with maps to make new BD and last but not least I really wish Ron agony or PCbro teach me to work on maps I supose I already have some tools to do it like blender 3dmax photoshop unity those rfs r3t dds extractors wish those pdf files ron posted about maps and models were in english and not chinese hehe anyways let me get back to learning how dungeons work besrt regards gud nyt mates

You must be a registered member of RF-Dev and logged in to view this content.

Adding spawns to existing maps or creating completely new ones from scratch?
For dungeons i think i released a dungeon script with comments for what each part in it is for.

You must be a registered member of RF-Dev and logged in to view this content.

I'm guessing I was talking first about maps,, i mean mod or create new ones,, a good point to start checking those "map files", is Forrest Maps coz they're many identical maps with diferent colours if i do recall it ryt... about dungeons The part I didn't get it right is about maps folders, I will create new row BD key item, then make all modifications at BD script (or template, dunno for sure, but supose its template) then lets say i want to use elven land (cora) map just like future dungeons,, can u give me some help on how to do it mate?  and what about the dummys inside new BD txt file too,, will I make them spawn just like i do in cora.spt file for spawns at elven land ? thanks in advance masters best regards

Posted (edited)

Finding ways to give a good protection, and when you are able to do so, another one will be made, server is protected today safe and sound, then tomorrow comes or a few days, another breach has been made,, wth,, sooooooooo,, annoying.... why do people have to cheat?,, lol

Edited by P-DevOrg