Description:

• Used to create patches for default RF.exe launcher

Requirements:

• Hex editing tools
  • Web server

Setup:

• Extract anywhere
  • Install web server. Put files from 'www' to your web server's folder
  • Using Hex editing tool replace IP address 95.31.40.254 with your public (or local) IP address at RF.exe inside 'Launcher' folder.
  • Edit IP addresses at ...\www\Update.dll and ...\www\Update\SeverConfig.dat
  • Put your client files (initial patch to be able update any client to your version) into '!PatchFiles' folder. (DO NOT include these files to patch:
  1. .\R3Engine.ini
  2. .\Patchinfo.z
  3. .\ServerConfig.dat
  4. .\DataTable\GameSetting.ini
  5. .\DataTable\ClientDB.dat
  6. .\RF_Setting.ini
  7. .\RF.exe
  8. .\System\DefaultSet.tmp
  9. \CHLOG.TXT
  10. .\System\FileData.dat
  11. .\System\FileData.z
  • Press buttons 'Refresh' and 'Start' (address of update.dll must be reachable from PC where you run PatchMaker. This file provides actual version of your client)
  • '!Download' folder will contain zipped files of client. Put them to your 'download' folder at web server.
  • '!BackupPatchFiles' - files you put to '!PatchFiles' earlier (with version control)
  • '!BackupResourceFiles' - backup of files replaced with '!PatchFiles' contents (with version control)
  • '!RFOnline' - latest updates of your client files
  • 'Update' - Patchinfo.z (with version control). Put latest PatchInfo.z file to your ...\www\Update\ folder
  • Replace Update.dll from your 'www' folder with new one
  • You can run client now.
  • Check updates before you put them to production!
  • Make an empty update in case of PatchInfo.z error during update.

My tools:  new version old version

TriRozhka ®

there's a miss newline in the patchinfo generated
the break line should " 0D 0A "(hex) rather than "0D 0D 0A"  ("\r\n"), replace to "\n" will solve it hehe
btw nc tools ;)

Edited by PrinceRay

feel free to ask anything, but everything has a price

W W W . H E A V E N - G A M I N G . O R G

everything has a price to be paid, but not always in terms of money

3 hours ago, Beatles said:

Hello all.
I tryed alot folow that guide, but I got no sucess. Have some other method to make auto-update? Thank`s alot.

I cant read peoples mind but i can definitely say that you dont even tried to make it work. Because people who try and meet difficulties, usually describes what they did and what goes wrong. Want to receive support? Good, provide me full feedback. Want something different? Well... this thread related to a certain software. If you want something different, this is no more related to this topic.

TriRozhka ®

Just calm down, dude.☺️ You no need use hard words to to impress people who are reading, or to hurt me.
For sure I tryed use that tool. To be more specific, I`m trying that about more than 1 week. 😔

At my PC I have three diferent toold to make auto-update, but I got no sucess using anyone. I got diferent problems with tools. First one is when I try use my files I receive a message from my launcher: "Manipulated files found. Please restart". Other error is when I make that process ""Press buttons 'Refresh' and 'Start'""" the files is not created, like go to no one place.

This all is new to me, and for sure I`m trying. I've tried so many times that I'm looking to pay for help. Well, if you are willing to do my self-update for me, I can pay you for it (I think I can pay you, I don't know the price). Or, we can keep trying. I would love to learn. Thank`s alot for your time and explanation. Have a wonderful week! See you soon. ✌️😊

20 hours ago, Beatles said:

Just calm down, dude.☺️ You no need use hard words to to impress people who are reading, or to hurt me.
For sure I tryed use that tool. To be more specific, I`m trying that about more than 1 week. 😔

At my PC I have three diferent toold to make auto-update, but I got no sucess using anyone. I got diferent problems with tools. First one is when I try use my files I receive a message from my launcher: "Manipulated files found. Please restart". Other error is when I make that process ""Press buttons 'Refresh' and 'Start'""" the files is not created, like go to no one place.

This all is new to me, and for sure I`m trying. I've tried so many times that I'm looking to pay for help. Well, if you are willing to do my self-update for me, I can pay you for it (I think I can pay you, I don't know the price). Or, we can keep trying. I would love to learn. Thank`s alot for your time and explanation. Have a wonderful week! See you soon. ✌️😊

when do you wanna start the course auto update . i can teach you for free use other tool that i used in my video guide . but if you wanna give small donation , you can get a free vps from me  for 1 month to practice auto update course . 

guarantee get better support service and assistance and get fast response answer , but just let me know which time zone at there , so we can adjust the schedule + know at which hour we go offline.

Edited by rfonlinemyid

On 8/23/2020 at 12:39 PM, Beatles said:

To make autoupdate work properly.
First follow this tutorial:

The only change you will have to make regarding this tutorial is in update.dll (www) :

[Update]
NewVersion=1
UpdateFileNumber=2
UpdateFile1=Update/ServerConfig.dat
UpdateFile2=Update/Update1/PatchInfo.z

ServerNumber=1
Server1=http://127.0.0.1/

And use the launcher that Trirozhka made available in the \RFPatchMaker \Launcher

(Tutorial Update) :

1. Put your .bin + datatable in !PatchFiles(Do not put your launcher and other files listed by trirozhka, will generate an error when opening the launcher.)
2. Start RFPatchMaker.exe and first click Refresh and then Start and wait to finish
3. The files contained in !Download paste into your www/Download
4. The files contained in the Update folder of the RFPatchMaker paste into your www/Update.

Note 1 : Whenever you make a new update, delete the Update folder.
Not to generate patchinfo error in RFPatchMaker.exe.

Note 2: Every time you make a new update, RFPatchMaker will clean up the !PatchFiles folder, and the files contained in them will go to another folder as informed by trirozhka in its main topic.
So after the first update, just put what you are going to update regarding the old update.

Edited by LewS

3 hours ago, LewS said:

To make autoupdate work properly.
First follow this tutorial:

The only change you will have to make regarding this tutorial is in update.dll (www) :

[Update]
NewVersion=1
UpdateFileNumber=2
UpdateFile1=Update/ServerConfig.dat
UpdateFile2=Update/Update1/PatchInfo.z

ServerNumber=1
Server1=http://127.0.0.1/

And use the launcher that Trirozhka made available in the \RFPatchMaker \Launcher

(Tutorial Update) :

1. Put your .bin + datatable in !PatchFiles(Do not put your launcher and other files listed by trirozhka, will generate an error when opening the launcher.)
2. Start RFPatchMaker.exe and first click Refresh and then Start and wait to finish
3. The files contained in !Download paste into your www/Download
4. The files contained in the Update folder of the RFPatchMaker paste into your www/Update.

Note 1 : Whenever you make a new update, delete the Update folder.
Not to generate patchinfo error in RFPatchMaker.exe.

Note 2: Every time you make a new update, RFPatchMaker will clean up the !PatchFiles folder, and the files contained in them will go to another folder as informed by trirozhka in its main topic.
So after the first update, just put what you are going to update regarding the old update.

Fix for Note 1:

• After creating new patch it will generate new Update.dll file in PatchMaker folder, copy and replace it to Update.dll inside htdocs/www web dir directory.
  • Check Update.dll file and search for "NewVersion=*", increase new version every creating patch.
  • Or just delete Update folder inside PatchMaker folder.

Now im going trying to improving this tool and combined with my launcher emulator version control, hope it work.

exdeus.dev ]
WebCP | Private Course

NewVersion increased automatically. Just be sure actual update.dll is accessible.

3 hours ago, DeusEx said:

Now im going trying to improving this tool and combined with my launcher emulator version control, hope it work.

If you have own launcher better to use some good updating tool not this one haha.

TriRozhka ®