RF-Dev | RF Online Development
Sign in to follow this  
Ron

Website Updates

We've completed some tweaks to the forum theme. Colors have been changed, and font sizes for section titles have been tweaked to make things easier to read.

I did try searching around for some themes but unfortunately there does not appear to be very many good themes for IPB. We'll be sticking with tweaking the default theme for now.

We are going for a "simple and clean" look. If you have any feedback or suggestions regarding the theme, please let us know in a reply to this thread.

Additionally, we did see brief downtime over the past hour. This was related to adjusting the server network configuration. No further problems are expected.

- Ron

Some additional updates have been applied today.

• "Forums" title and "Start new topic" button on the homepage have been removed, for a more clean feel.
  • User titles below your username and above the "dots" have been hidden. The amount of "dots" under your username scales with how many posts you have. Post amounts required per "dot" will be adjusted in the future. For now, you hit five "dots" at 100 posts, and the rest scale from 0 to 100.
  • Additional theme and SEO tweaks.

Please report any issues seen after these changes in this thread.

A user reached out to me regarding being unable to send others messages. I've adjusted message storage settings to unlimited for all users.

Please reply to this thread if anyone sees any further problems with private messages.

Quoted posts have been updated to only display the first three lines of text. The rest of the text will be automatically minimized. Clicking "Read More" will show the rest of the quoted text.

This change helps with reading through longer threads with a lot of quoted posts.

Here is an example.

You must be a registered member of RF-Dev and logged in to view this content.

Similar changes will be made to code blocks soon. I need some time to manually tweak the theme code as there are no IPB plugins available for easily altering code box appearance.