RF-Dev | RF Online Development
g00dw1n

Yorozuya - Open Source Zone Guard [2.2.3.2]

He stopped because people don't contribute  - everyone wants to be spoonfed and demand fixes.

The few that might "fix" stuff won't release because it's their work/effort or some other selfish reason.

You must be a registered member of RF-Dev and logged in to view this content.

Well no code progress can happen at all without an active repo. I was going to set up a repo on our group to clone Yorozuya and give the community somewhere to develop. He closed this repo so you can't push back anymore.

However as you mentioned, seems like people aren't really contributing back right now, or people aren't capable of contributing beyond minor fixes. I don't have the time or interest to develop this, but I still don't mind managing a repo and checking merge requests if people would actually contribute code.

I really would like to help  to make this guard works 100%, but the thing is, i dont have that experience, if people give can give some small tutorials, or something where we can start doing this, will be more easy to start

The project needs a lot of time invested in documentation for a community to be able to effectively collaborate on something like this. It's hard to justify doing that when the author has discontinued the project, and only a handful of people have contributed to developing code.

If more people are interested in contributing code to Yorozuya, I can create an official RF-Dev community Yorozuya fork. This would provide the community a more official place to document and progress code in a standard format since @g00dw1n ended the project. It will not be possible to effectively extend this guard without a proper repository and workflow in place, but I just can't justify setting this up without more people showing interest.

I'm not sure how well beginners will pick this up as this program is pretty advanced for beginners. Maybe most people could make minor adjustments, but extending the guard with new features will require experience.

I totally agree with you, but if people really want a FREE guard they must invest time to make it works. So yes, is not easy to find a group of people interested to work on this.